The Butterfly Garden is a set collection game based on saving endangered butterflies from extinction. Can you capture and deliver these butterflies to garden sanctuaries away from construction?
Board Game Scores & Ranks:
- BGG Weight: 2.0
- Play time: 30 Mins
- Player Count: 2-5 players
- Year Published: 2021
Board Game Designer:
- Auction Bidding
- Card Drafting
- Set Collection
- Contract Fulfilment
Goal of Game:
Collect the most VP by end game by capturing and delivering butterflies based on the available contracts!
The cards you draft are not only butterflies, but also the cards you use to bid on butterfly cards that come out. There are interesting elements that allow you to interfere with the other players during the bidding/card drafting portion of the game.
Board Game Replayability Review:
Based on 9 Plays
- High player interaction through bidding
- Bonus powers on some cards
- Large variety of butterfly cards that come out randomly
- Straightforward rulebook and easy teach (includes a player aid)
- This game shines at higher player counts as there is more variety in the auction phase
- Mini expansion – private personal goals can be used
Who is this Game For?
We recommend this game for gamers looking for a light weight game that is colourful and easy to learn. This game would be a great family game or one to enjoy on the patio (with minimal wind). If you like Steve Finn games you will like this one as it feels like a Dr. Finn Games game. The bidding allows for player interaction though both players walk away with a card each turn making the game approachable even for kids as no one is left out.